MUSCULOSKELETAL DISORDER (MSD)
- In Europe, 60% of workers suffer from work-related health issues such as pain in the shoulders or the back.
- The burden of Musculoskeletal Disorders (MSDs) is a major global problem, and MSDs related costs are estimated around several percent of many developed countries’ Gross Domestic Product (GDP).
- With the increasing retirement age in many countries, the prevention of MSD’s gets even more critical. Major risk factors are frequent exposure to adverse postures, repetitive movements of the back and upper limbs and heavy manual handling. Small companies, e.g., hairdressers, as well as more prominent companies, e.g., vehicle manufacturers, are all having personnel running a high risk to develop MSD.
- The high costs for MSD related absences and for recruiting and training replacement personnel are creating strong incentives for MSD prevention actions.
- Another typically hidden cost is the quality loss and reduced productivity.
ERGONOMIC RISK ASSESSMENT
MSDs can be prevented by reducing the risk factors and in particular exposure to adverse postures, repetitive movements, and using high muscle force.
The gold standard today is manual observations performed by specially trained ergonomists. The observations typically only last a few minutes per worker, where the workers tend to show their best technique. It can be entirely subjective, there is no use of objective data, and it is expensive due to the one-to-one interaction.
Wergonic is offering a Virtual Ergonomic Coach for all workers in their pocket; a coach who knows worker’s working habits and guides the workers and allows the employer to monitor the risk exposure and prevent injuries and sickness.
Unlike human observations and coaching, our solution is precise, reliable, personalized, and holistic including measurement, analysis, and recommendations. Our solution is part of workwear without a dramatic change of customers existing procurement and maintenance procedures of workwear and is not disturbing the work. The data analysis by Wergonic solution enables worker’s personalization, continuous monitoring of workers, work stations, and working teams.